Categories: Featured, PS3 News, Xbox 360 News
Written By: Seamus.CA
Awesomenauts is available now for XBOX Live Aracde and Playstation Network users. When we first heard of this game back in January we loved the retro 80s saturday morning cartoon style of the game and the soundtrack to boot. Have a look at the launch trailer below to see this chaotic side-scrolling shoot’em up in action. Awesomenauts can be played with up to 3 players co-operatively on and offline (a retro feature in itself) and we have more details about the game game below.
The year is 3587, conflict spans the stars. Huge robot armies are locked in an enduring stalemate. At the center is a team of elite mercenaries fighting for the spoils of war: The Awesomenauts.
Combining the gameplay of classic 2D-platformering titles with that of modern, fast-paced MOBA-games, Awesomenauts allows up to six players to battle against one-another across multiple alien worlds. Featuring a playable roster of unique heroes, Awesomenauts brings ferocious teamplay and angry, lightsaber-wielding aliens together.
- For the first time in galactic history, Awesomenauts will bring the popular MOBA genre to the 2D plane with rich, detailed environments!
- Adrenaline-pumping action with up to 3 players staining your couch, or 6 players online!
- A roster of unique playable mercenaries, each featuring their own set of skills and upgrades!
- Advanced matchmaking options, which allow you to queue up for online matches without forcing you to wait in a matchmaking lobby!
- Unlock over 100 unique items to beef up your abilities and customize your personal playing style for each match!
- Facemelting battles across multiple exotic planets and alien spaceships!
For more on the game itself and the characters see the awesomenauts webiste here.